When you see a good video on Youtube, often you will want to keep it by downloading it to your machine. Youtube, however, doesn’t provide such a functionality. Fortunately, there are many third-party applications that allow you to do this. Here I present step-by-step instructions on how to download video from Youtube.
1. Navigate to the video page of the video you like to download.
2. Open up a new window or tab on your browser, and go to http://www.keepvid.com.
3. Copy the Youtube URL for your video and paste it to the Keepvid site. Click on the Download button.
4. After a while, a >> Download Link << will appear right below the Original link: line. Click on it and save the get_video file to your computer.
5. The file is in FLV format. However, there is no file extension. You will need to change get_video to get_video.flv. You can change the file name from get_video to anything else you want.
6. The FLV file requires a FLV Player to play. You can get a FLV Player from Applian Technologies.
7. Install the FLV Player on your machine.
8. Open FLV Player. Then drag and drop the .flv file you just downloaded and renamed into the FLV Player screen. The video will start playing.