This Data Warehousing site aims to help people get a good high-level understanding of what it takes to implement a successful data warehouse project. A lot of the information is from my personal experience as a business intelligence professional, both as a client and as a vendor.
This site is divided into six main areas:
- Tools: The selection of business intelligence tools and the selection of the data warehousing team. Tools covered are:
- Steps: This selection contains the typical milestones for a data warehousing project, from requirement gathering, query optimization, to production rollout and beyond. I also offer my observations on the data warehousing field.
- Business Intelligence: Business intelligence is closely related to data warehousing. This section discusses business intelligence, as well as the relationship between business intelligence and data warehousing.
- Concepts: This section discusses several concepts particular to the data warehousing field. Topics include:
- Business Intelligence Conferences: Lists upcoming conferences in the business intelligence / data warehousing industry.
- Glossary: A glossary of common data warehousing terms.
This site is updated frequently to reflect the latest technology, information, and reader feedback.
Please bookmark this site now.